Happy Wednesday Summer Discovery Tribe!
I am sending out one more clarifying summer school email to help us be better prepared for our official start on Monday, July 6th following this holiday weekend!
IMPORTANT: I have listed below 2 documents for your review and convenience. We need ALL FAMILIES to complete the first link for EACH student regarding and agreeing to our summer school behavior expectations. The last link is to reference for any questions you may have regarding Covid-19 and MVR3’s re-entry plan.
- The Behavior Expectation Signature Link (Clink this link: Behavior Expectation Online Signature Link)
- The MVR3 Tomahawk Tribune (Click this link: MVR3 Phases for Re-Entry Info) Below is the blurb that specifically pertains to Summer School:
Phase 2 (July 6th-31st)
Starting July 6, 2020, MVR-III will offer onsite summer school. This will include pre-school, Summer Discovery for grades K-8, credit acquisition courses for grades 9-12, and before and after SACC programming. Below are some of the proactive measures that will be implemented in July:
1. Student/staff ratios will be increased, but will continue to target smaller than normal groupings.
2. Efforts will be made to maintain social distancing recommendations between students, and as much as possible, between students and staff.
3. Regular hand-washing/hand-disinfecting will be required of students and staff.
4. Students and staff will be screened for sickness periodically and screened on an as-needed basis, including temperature checks. Anyone with a temperature over 100 degrees will not be allowed to attend until fever-free for 72 hours without the aid of medication.
5. Students who become ill during the day will be sent home. Depending on the symptoms, the student may be required to wear a mask and isolate from other students.
6. Summer Discovery school programming will focus on a combination of enrichment and covering essential 4th quarter learning standards in an effort to ensure students are prepared for the 2020-21 school year.
7. Student activities will continue with modifications as needed to limit contact and in accordance with MSHSAA guidance. 8. Students will move throughout the building in a limited manner. 9. Student occupied spaces will be fully disinfected at least daily, with additional disinfecting as needed. Regular disinfecting of high-touch areas will be conducted throughout the day.
10. Staff and students are permitted to wear appropriate masks if desired.
All precautions identified above may be modified in accordance with guidance from local health officials, the CDC, and state governing organizations.
Communication with your student’s teacher: You should have received an email from your students teacher by now! If you have not please call the school office or email me back so we can make sure your student knows where to go on Monday. Also, maybe try checking your junk mail! Sometimes our mass emails, sent through our SIS system, get sent there!
The main information we are needing at this time is:
- TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION – how will they get home!!!!
Truman Elementary Summer School Staff:
Kdg – Room 2 - Mrs. Herbst: email@example.com
Kdg – Room 4 - Mrs. Wadlow: firstname.lastname@example.org
1st Grade – Room 5 - Mrs. Barmeier: email@example.com
2nd Grade – Room 12 – Mrs. Rice: firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd Grade – Room 23 – Mrs. Arens: email@example.com
3rd Grade – Room 14 – Mrs. West: firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd Grade – Room 21 – Mrs. Signaigo: email@example.com
4th Grade – Room 20 – Mrs. Meininger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Ed Teachers – Mrs. Moore – email@example.com
Special Ed teacher – Mrs. Gierer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Paras – Mrs. Coffman & Mrs. Hess
Reading Interventionist – Mrs. Fleming
Building Aides – Coach Missey & Mrs. Stoker
Nurse Barb – email@example.com
Secretary – Mrs. Cheryl – firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal – Dr. Sladek – email@example.com
SACC (School Age Child Care) – Mrs. Brenda: firstname.lastname@example.org
MORNING DROP OFF CHANGES: ALL students will be dropped off at our Cafeteria doors! This will allow students the chance to get their breakfast right away and take it straight to their classroom. The buses will drop off at the cafeteria doors as well as ALL Car Riders will drop off at the Cafeteria doors if you are dropping your student off in the morning – please follow our ‘outer’ road that circles around the back of our building. You will naturally be in a line and circle right to our cafeteria doors. We will have cones and signage to guide you if you are not sure. I will also be out and about the first week to help streamline traffic. Please make sure you are driving slow and stay cautious of your surroundings as this is a new routine for everyone!
AFTERNOON PICK UP: If you are planning to pick up your student from summer school you WILL USE OUR FRONT CIRCLE DRIVE (same as we have always done). You will need to make sure to let the office know so that you can have a sign in your car which makes the process and line move much quicker!
- School doors open at 8:05am
- School starts at 8:35am
- School dismisses at 3:40pm
- You ONLY have 3 options for transportation: Bus Rider, Car Rider or SACC! (This will help us limit the number of visitors coming into our building for the safety of our staff and students!)
- Here are the bus routes: Bus Routes
Please let me know if there are any other questions, curiosities or suggestion – I will be happy to answer or figure out an answer and get it back to you.
Leading & learning with a smile,
Dr. Jenna Sladek; Ed.D
Principal, Truman Elementary
A: 101 Indian Warpath Dr Pacific, MO 63069
Grow. Decide. Strengthen
Commit. Lead. Succeed.