The Meramec Valley R-III enrollment process for new families/students will be completed online. In addition, all current MVR-III families will be required to complete a Returning Students - Annual Family Information Update, which will also be completed online, using a computer, tablet, or web-browsing app on a smartphone.
A few things you need to know:
It is important to complete the entire online enrollment application for your child. If parents do not complete the process, their child is not actively enrolled in the district.
If you need assistance in completing the online enrollment application, please call the office at the school your student will be attending.
If you do not have access to an appropriate device, please call the school to schedule an appointment to use a district computer to complete your new enrollment or family information update. We will be happy to assist you in completing the online process if needed.
Before you begin the enrollment process, gather the following required information:
- Parent/guardian legal name(s) and address(es)
- Student(s) legal name
- For transfer students, previous school contact information
- Emergency contact information
- Proof of residency: Rental Contract, Real Estate Contract (signed by all parties), Utilities Bill / Deposit Receipt, or other documents such as a payroll check, driver’s license, W-4, or employment documents
The following documents must be sent to the building office prior to the start of school:
- Birth certificate issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics
- Medically documented immunization/health records
- IEP and evaluation, if the student is receiving Special Education services
- For transfer students, an unofficial transcript or most recent report card
Enroll at your neighborhood elementary school as determined by your home address. Children must be 5 years of age before August 1st to attend kindergarten for the upcoming school year.
- Register their child for kindergarten (child should attend the registration)
- Can register for School Age Child Care (SACC)
- Participate in readiness screenings
- Share information about their child's transition to kindergarten
- Receive a parent packet to prepare for school
Kindergarten Registration Documents Needed:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Proof of Residency (electric bill, lease agreement, or real estate tax statement
Online Kindergarten Registration Help Sheets
Kindergarten Registration: Use this Help Sheet to Add a Kindergarten Student to an Existing MVR-III Family
Kindergarten Registration: Use this Help Sheet to register a New MVR-III Kindergarten Student
Admission of Resident Students
All students, five to twenty-one years of age, who reside within the boundaries of the District may attend District schools tuition-free. In order to “reside” within the District, the student must be physically domiciled within District boundaries. The domicile of a minor child is generally the domicile of the student’s parents or guardian.
A student may only register in the District if the student provides proof of residency or if the student or parent requests a waiver from the Board of Education on the basis of hardship or good cause. Parents will be required to sign a “Proof of Residency” form at the time of enrollment. If the Superintendent has reason to suspect that the admission of a student will create an immediate danger to the safety of others, a hearing will be convened. At the hearing, the District will determine whether the student may enroll.
Designated attendance areas for all schools shall be established by the Meramec Valley R-III Board of education to make optimum use of district school facilities. Students residing within the attendance area of a school shall attend that school except as otherwise provided by the policies of the Meramec Valley R-III Board of Education.