Dear Nike Families,
I hope this letter finds you well as we navigte this new school year. I would like to introduce myself and the officers on PTO for this year. My name is Misty Guenzler and I am this year's PTO President. We had some very successful events, Trunk or Treat and Snowballs with Santa. As just as COVID-19 changed everyone's plans, it did ours for our Spring Trivia Night fundraiser that was slated to happen in March. Our officers this year are Vice Prisident: Elizabeth Gantner, Recording Secretary: Carol Shoemaker, Communications Secretary: Kaseuy Walka and Treasurers: Chandre Kottwitz and Amanda Pennington.
It is a new year and with that comes new opportunities to pour into our school and children. Our goals remain the same, we want to purchase a laminator for the staff and a piece of playgoround equipment for our students! We also will contribute to providing meals during parent/teacher conferences, teacher appreciation week and Field Day. PTO is a way of getting to know other parents and teachers to provide that connection between home and school.
Our meetings are the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM. This year we will be adding a virtual option for those that cannot attend in person! We are hoping to be able to reach as many parents as possible. We would love to see you there (in person or virtually)!
Ways to connect with PTO....
- Facebook Group: Nike Elementary PTO
- Facebook Page: Nike Elementary PTO
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates to tentatively add to your calendar:
- Trunk or Treat: Friday, Oct 30th
- Snowball with Santa: Saturday, Dec 5th
- Trivia Night Fundraiser: TBD
Ongoing fundraisers Nike participates in:
- Coca-Cola points-send to school with your student
- Ronald McDonald tabs-send to school with your student
- Box Tops for Education-scan receipt and send points to Nike Elementary
I appreciate your time and look forward to a great school year!
Nike PTO President