I want to apologize for the lack of communication when it comes to my "Thursday Emails." However, I think we are all surviving just fine without them ;) Regardless, I do feel better and feel like everyone is on the same page when I do communicate (or over communicate) weekly. SO, here we go…
What to expect over the next 7 and ½ days?!
- Wednesday, May 19th – MVR3 Board Meeting @ 6pm. Mrs. Wadlow will be recognized for her District Teacher of the Year Award and Mrs. Lydon-Lorson will be recognized for her South-Central Regional Counselor of the Year Award.
- Thursday, May 20th – First Grade Field Trip from 9:00-12:00pm. No Volunteers needed this is in-seat students and staff supervision only.
- Friday, May 21st – Virtual Students will come to Truman Elementary SACC Wing by appointment only for EOY Testing.
- Sunday, May 23rd – PHS Graduation @ PHS Stadium @ 3:00pm.
LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL -----
- Monday, May 24th – 4th Grade Celebration Trip 9:00-2:00pm. No Volunteers needed this is in-seat students and staff supervision only. Kindergarten Graduation @ Truman Elementary [Graduation will be BY CLASS: Snyder – 1:00-1:30; Wadlow – 1:50-2:20; Herbst – 2:40-3:10] *You will park in the back/cafeteria lot or upper lot and enter through the cafeteria doors and exit through the SACC doors.
- Tuesday, May 25th – 4th Quarter Celebration Day! *Students will rotate through stations; Obstacle Course (design and set up by our 4th Grade Students, a Zumba class, a chalk mosaic, and a watermelon snack station!
- Wednesday, May 26th – Early Dismissal @ 1:10pm. Truman Elementary will celebrate Aloha Day! *Aloha Day will consist of; school-wide Zoom Bingo, Outdoor activities and memory book signing, and Beach Attire! LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR!
What. A. Year.
It's hard to believe our seniors have 14 days left of school! To ensure we finish strong we have few more events I would like to share with you.
*Scentsy Fundraiser - this is online and runs through TODAY May 17. It's that time of the year we are start spring cleaning so why not get something to make your home smell great too! This would be another great gift idea for Mother's Day. Follow the link to order: https://paid2party.scentsy.us/party/14288845/project-graduation-fundraiser
***If you are not able to attend or purchase anything, that's okay! You can still support us by sharing our events. Please feel free to share this email or go online on FB and share our events. If you go on FB search for Pacific High School Project Graduation and look under the events tab.
Once again, we cannot thank you enough for your continued support of our seniors. Without the support of parents, staff, and the community, Project Graduation would not be possible.
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is gathering public input on its American Rescue Plan for the use of federal Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief funds. Input is being gathered from a variety of education stakeholders to address the most important steps that can be taken to support unfinished learning and the social, emotional, and mental health needs of students and school staff. Please provide your responses on the Stakeholder Survey here by Wednesday, May 19, 2021. The survey should take less than five minutes to complete.
Looking for before or after care during summer school or all day care in the month of July. Check out this flyer for all the SACC information and reach out to us if you need anything at all
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION:
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SIGNED UP YOUR STUDENT FOR SUMMER SCHOOL PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT THE PAPER FORM! This is just another way for us to get more students registered as soon as possible for our Summer Discovery program so we can accurately prepare!
Click on this link to register your child online:
2020-2021 Kindergarten Students: We are STILL LOOKING FOR INCOMING 5 year olds! Spread the word to neighbors and friends in our Truman area!
Start the registration process by using the link below.
Summer Baseball Camp Flyer: https://5il.co/sry4
Soccer & Volleyball St. Bridget’s Flyer: https://5il.co/sry3
My Reflection for you…
I shared with TE Staff but feel like it is a good reminder for all of us as we set the tone for the rest of this week:
Leading and Learning with a smile,
Dr. Jenna Sladek; Ed.D
Principal, Truman Elementary
A: 101 Indian Warpath Dr. Pacific, MO 63069
Grow. Decide. Strengthen
Commit. Lead. Succeed.