Happy Sunday Summer Discovery Families!
I am reaching out to remind you of a few things as we close out this 2021 Summer Discovery Program.
- Tomorrow, Monday June 26th will be our WATER DAY! The Pacific Fire Dept. plans to come to our building around 10:00am and classes will have a scheduled time to go out to our field area and enjoy the BIG water sprinkler from the fire truck. Please have your students wear tennis shoes/water shoes or shoes that can get wet! We will be in the grass but flip flops and bare feet are too dangerous to allow. Please have them wear clothes that can get wet/dirty. I assumed the grass will flick up some mud but we do plan to move the hose around as to not turn one area into a mud pit! Have your child bring a towel and an extra pair of dry clothes to change into. Lastly, please apply sunscreen to your student before school! NO BATHING SUITS FOR WATER DAY! When students are not enjoying the fire dept. sprinkler they will be doing fun activities with their class around STEM related water experiments, water relays, and different fun challenges!
What to pack for school tomorrow:
- Tennis Shoes
- Dry Clothes
- Apply sunscreen before school
- Have your student wear clothes that can get wet/dirty\
- Wednesday, June 30th is the LAST DAY of Summer Discovery. You're student will officially begin their summer break on Thursday, July 1st!
- Looking for some help with your kiddos from July 1st - August 6th? Check out our SACC program. Coleman and Truman will run their own SACC programs, at their own buildings.
I want to thank YOU for allowing Truman Elementary to host this Summer Discovery program, I applaud your patience and flexibility as many of us had to learn new faces, names, procedures, and environments all together. I am open to any feedback (positive or negative! - there are always things we can learn from with new experiences!), concerns or questions you may have... please feel free to reach out to me whenever at email@example.com or anytime on my cell via text or phone call 636-346-6156.
Leading & Learning with a smile,
Dr. Jenna Sladek; Ed.D
Principal, Truman Elementary
Grow. Decide. Strengthen
Commit. Lead. Succeed.