Meramec Valley R-III School District recognizes the School Nurses that care for students and staff each day. Mrs. Barb Heger, District Health Services Coordinator, manages 9 nurses and the district health and wellness services for the district. Health and wellness goals that school nurses lead throughout the school year include:
- Review all K-12 Health Education instruction to support healthy students.
- Health Services personnel, PE teachers, and instructors of health education are supported in professional growth.
- Develop procedures/critical processes which protect the health of students and employees.
- Collaborate with parents and the local community to promote health and well-being of students.
- Ensure all program reviews are adhered to per policy to inform and provide data for future needs.
School nurses care for students, administer medication, counsel concerning health problems of students, maintain student health records, provide screenings, train staff, and implement health and safety programs. Today we give thanks to the school nurses that care for our students, staff, and community each day.