Pacific High School ACT Prep and ACT Test Dates
You may be wondering if your high school student should take the ACT. Possible reasons to take the ACT test:
- U.S. colleges and universities accept the ACT as their college entry test
- It helps colleges and scholarships find students
- It may be a predictor of college readiness
Pacific High School offers Test Prep sessions to assist students in preparing for the ACT Test.
|ACT TEST DATE||ACT REGISTRATION WINDOW||TEST PREP DATE||TEST PREP DATE|
|February 8||Standby Deadline|
Science & Math
|April 4||Registration Deadline|
English & Reading
Science & Math
|PHS Counseling Office||ACT Information Link|
Students may qualify for an ACT voucher. To use a fee waiver, a student must meet all eligibility requirements.
1. Currently enrolled in 11th or 12th grade.
2. Testing in the United States, US territories, or Puerto Rico.
3. Meet one or more of the following indicators of economic need.
- Enrolled in a federal free or reduced lunch program at school.
- Enrolled in a program for the economically disadvantaged (for example, a federally funded program such as GEAR UP or Upward Bound).
- Reside in a foster home, are a ward of the state, or are homeless.
- Family received low-income public assistance or lives in federally subsidized public housing.
- Family’s total annual income is at or below the USDA levels for free or reduced-price lunches listed on the USDA Food and Nutrition Service website.
Use this link to obtain a copy of the Fee Waiver Eligibility Requirements 2019–2020. Students may receive TWO fee waivers.
To request a fee waiver, students need to speak with Dr. Michel Brindell; PHS Guidance Counselor or email Dr. Brindell.