Public Notice of Filing
The Meramec Valley R-III School District encourages qualified persons interested in running for a position on the School Board to file to be a candidate in the April 5, 2022, election. Interested persons may file at the Administrative Central Office located at
126 North Payne Street, Pacific, Missouri, 63069. Contact Dr. Carrie Schwierjohn, Superintendent of Schools, 636-271-1400, for more information.
Filing will begin on December 7, 2021, at 8:00 a.m. and will continue during the district’s regular business hours, which are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The first and last day filing will have hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Filing will not occur on days that the school district’s Administrative Central Office is closed due to inclement weather, Holiday breaks or in the event of closure due to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
There are 2 positions available with three-year terms.
School Board Members must meet the following requirements:
1. A citizen of the United States of America;
2. A resident taxpayer of the Meramec Valley R-III School District;
3. A resident in Missouri for a minimum of one year immediately preceding the above- mentioned election;
4. A minimum of twenty-four (24) years of age;
5. A person who is not delinquent in the payment of any state income taxes, personal property taxes, municipal taxes, or real property taxes on his/her place of residence, and if a past or present corporate officer of any fee office must not be delinquent in the payment of any taxes owed to the state;
6. A person who has not been found guilty of nor has pled guilty to a felony under the federal laws of the United States of America or to a felony under Missouri law or an offense committed in another state that would be considered a felony in Missouri;
7. A person who is not registered or required to be registered as a sex offender pursuant to Missouri law;
8. A person who has filed, or the treasurer of any existing candidate committee has filed, all required campaign disclosure reports with the Missouri Ethics Commission, when applicable, for all previous elections in which he/she was a candidate.
Filing will begin on Tuesday, December 7, 2021, at 8:00 a.m. and will end on Tuesday, December 28, 2021, at 5:00 p.m.
Filing Date Hours
Tuesday, Dec.7, through Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2021 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 23, 2021 through Monday, Dec 27, 2021 Central Office Closed for Holiday
Tuesday, December 28, 2021 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.